Jobs and Opportunities
Sustainable South Bronx is an equal opportunity employer.
Check back soon!
Sustainable South Bronx (SSBx) works to address economic and environmental issues in the South Bronx – and throughout New York City – through a combination of green job training, community greening programs, and social enterprise. We are seeking a dynamic, motivated individual to serve as a Development Intern.
The Development Intern will assist with all components of SSBx’s fundraising activities. The successful candidate will be flexible, creative, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Reporting to the Director of Development, this position is ideal for individuals seeking to gain meaningful fundraising experience while also contributing to the economic and environmental well-being of the South Bronx.
• Researching, analyzing, and summarizing fundraising opportunities;
• Researching other opportunities related to the organization’s fundraising work;
• Event planning and coordination for our spring gala;
• Aiding in the preparation of grant proposals, appeal letters, and acknowledgement letters;
• Preparing posts for social media.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Experience working in a fast-paced office environment;
• Ability to work collaboratively and independently;
• Interest in social justice issues;
• Experience with proposal-writing and event planning preferred, but not required.
Minimum of 10 hours/week
We are looking for an intern to begin the first week of January, though we would be willing to start the internship earlier for the right candidate. This internship will end at the end of May 2013.
This is a volunteer position. Transportation costs will be supported by SSBx. If the selected candidate is a student, SSBx will work with the individual’s academic institution to ensure that academic credits are received (if applicable).
Please submit a resume and cover letter addressed to Liz Sylvan, Director of Development, to email@example.com. The subject line of the email should read “Development Intern.” SSBx is an Equal Opportunity Employer.